Sunday, February 3, 2008

God sent...

The past few weeks, I was going thru an awful time with my company and dancing. I injured my ankle and was waiting for an X ray to be done. I was miserable not being able to do any jumps or pointe work, which were highlights of my ballet classes. Worst, I was dropped from the Quebec performance because of my injury. Everyday I was crying inside. I felt like quitting and that I couldn't do it yet another day. I was really miserable.

In times of trouble, I run desperately to God for answers.I always asked God if you love me why do you give me so much pain? Why must you put me thru this sufferings? Why don't you answer my prayers?

Today, as I went to church, I found so much comfort in the gospel and the homily by Monsignor Coyle. It was definitely God sent.

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS


"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of Matthew 5:3-10

I have been blinded by this world of selfishness and greed. Never was I thankful for the blessings and talent given forth to me instead I kept dwelling on my misfortunes. I always insisted on taking charge of my life and insisted on life going exactly like how I planned. When I prayed I always said, God I really want this, please give it to me. I never opened doors for God to work in my life. The priest ended the homily with the prayer of St Francis.

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.

So my day turned from a really awful start as the company left for Quebec today to a sense of peacefulness words cannot even explain. And guess what?/ The Giants won the SUPERBOWL! Nothing is impossible really, we just have to have faith! =)

3 comments:

Sasha Leong said...

Keep on persevering Jac! you're a fabulous dancer! Happy Chinese New YEar to you!! =D

catch up soon! hmm.. i'll email you =D currently back in ipoh. hope you are doing fine (exclude your injury)

Pray hard for you!

*HUGS*

Alice said...

May the Lord bless and keep you, and may His radiant smile always shine on you!

Happy CNY =)

jacthong said...

thanks guys!Happy CNY to the both of u too..=) eat more!!!...eat my share of food too!!! especially groundnuts..my super favourite..=P