Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Les Ballet Trockadero De Monte Carlo

I had so much fun watching the Trockadero's with my mom n Chris. Although I ended up being really sick, probably from laughing too hard. It was the most hilarious performance I have ever watched. A total must see for every dancer!



FYI, they are an all male dancer company that performs like a full company. Yes, on pointes and everything. It was ridiculously good. They mastered the female techniques of classical ballet and poked fun into female dancer habits. The humor was from both the choreography as well as the execution of the moves. I figured I could not possibly put in words the hilariousness of it. So, here are a few videos from Joyce Theatre. The first video being swan lake. Yes, they performed both Odile and Odette variations including the pas de deux!!! And the second video is of dying swan. My super favorite. Look at the arms. Gorgeous! An excellent performance, I would highly recommend.



No comments: