Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finding true passion…

As the new year unfolded upon me, I spent time reflecting upon my life. I can’t help but feel fortunate for the past 21 years. The places I traveled, the experiences I had, and the friends along the way. Although I still have very vivid memories in my mind, I wish I kept a little book of those precious times.

As a young girl, I remember waking up every morning wanting to be a ballerina. I jumped at the opportunity to watch ballets and classes were like heaven. It just took my breath away. I spent the last few years of my life doing that but after I spend sometime dancing in Canada, I learn that was no longer what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It’s just that realization that kicks in one morning that you no longer love what you are doing. I know that many people get stuck and spent their lifetime settling for the cultural norm but I shall not settle for that.

And 2009, is a new journey for me. The journey for me to find what makes me jump up on my toes every morning. I know I am idealistic to believe that the work can be just that. I dedicate this year to finding my passion once again. And I invite you to join me on this journey. I know I am in the perfect place and position to discover that, the wonders of New York City and the expansive opportunity and rigor of Columbia.

Happy New 2009!!!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hello Jac.
Indeed, it is very brave of you to step out from what you have been doing for the most of your life. You will enjoy your time in Uni, I am sure. I hope you will find your passion again! xx